Recruiting Buzz: Vol.11
Recruiting Buzz: Vol.11 (OV 1-18)
It is certain that the Miami coaching staff wanted this weekend to be huge. Although, some big name recruits have canceled their official visits to UM this weekend, it will still be a star studded event.
- A few days ago Matthew Thomas was expecting to forgo his visit to USC, and visit Miami this weekend instead. Well, after receiving an in-home visit from some of the USC staff, he was convinced to stick to his original plan and fly out to California. Thomas now intends to take a mid-week visit to Miami, which takes away from the whole experience though. As of right now, he does not have an official visit planned for February, 1st, but don’t expect him to schedule one for that date either, as he does not want to take any visits the weekend before National Signing Day.
- With DE Tim Williams committing to Alabama, and also deciding to forgo his official visit to Miami this weekend, Miami may look at a Skai Moore. Over this past month, it was thought that Williams was reaching out to LSU, so he could possibly get a spot in their class. Heading into the final stretch of recruiting, it looks as if he just realized how big of a factor distance will play in his decision. He has a young daughter, and he would like to be as close to her as possible. Although, Williams claimed that he does not intend to visit Miami anymore, Miami coaches may not give up on him just yet.
- Denver Kirkland is expected to be on campus this weekend, and even though the Miami already has a few committed offensive linemen, they will focus on him. With his fellow teammate Matthew Thomas not coming this weekend, Miami will try to convince Kirkland that Miami is the place for him. Many think that Thomas and him will be a packaged deal.
- RB Alex Collins seems to be in a hard place right now, since Miami seems to be his best option at the moment. With Florida State losing so many coaches this past month, and Florida already having two commitments from two other elite running backs, it seems Miami is his best option. There also is Arkansas, they just hired head coach Bielema, who recruited Collins when he was the head coach at Wisconsin. There seems to be people pushing Collins in direction that best suit them, and not him, but nothing is confirmed.
- DT Jaynard Bostwick seems to becoming a more vital part of this class as the day goes on. He is considering Miami, Florida, and Alabama. I expect him to stay in Florida, and choose between UM, and UF. His family are huge Miami, fans, and his cousin Armbrister plays for the Canes. As long as Miami shows him how important he is to them, he should be in Coral Gables come fall.
Here the expected visitors
OL Alex Gall (6’5/295) – 1-18-13 UM Commit
DB Artie Burns (6’0/183) – 1-18-13 UM commit
ATH Ray Lewis III (5’10/192) – 1-18-13 UM commit
TE Standish Dobard (6’5/235) – 1-18-13 UM commit
QB Kevin Olsen (6’3/195) – 1-18-13 UM Commit
DB Jamal Carter (6’1/175) – 1-18-13 UM commit
RB Alex Collins (5’10/210) – 1-18-13 Miami is definitely still in it.
DT Jaynard Bostwick (6’4/291) – 1-18-13
OL Denver Kirkland (6’5/233) 1-18-13